B. United International Inc. >
Educational Tasting Classes >
General Class Questions
1. Where do you hold your classes?
Our classes are held at our facility at 7 Fox Hollow Road in Oxford, CT (zip code 06478). For detailed directions, please refer to How to get here?.
2. I need to reserve more than one seat but the website only allows me to reserve ONE seat at a time?
Sorry for the inconvenience, but PAYPAL only allows us the functionality to charge one ticket at a time. Just buy the seats one at a time. You can buy all tickets under the same name (there is no worries there). On the day of the class, we will have your ticket(s) all under the name who brought the ticket(s), so if you brought more than one ticket under the same name we will have all your seats available under that name. We have no assigned seating so as long as your group comes together, you can sit together.
3. When are the classes usually held?
Most of our classes are held on the weekends (usually Saturday afternoon). Some of our 2 hour long classes will be held on weekday nights, only in late Spring and Summer. For detailed class schedule, please refer to Upcoming Classes.
4. What kinds of classes do you offer?
We offer a wide variety of classes covering beer, mead, sake, and cider along with cheese and food pairing. Our instructors range from self proclaimed beer geeks to brew masters from around the world.
5. How much do the classes cost?
Class prices vary depending on a variety of factors including product tasted, material used, teacher’s prep time, and length of the class. Prices generally range from $30 to $75.
6. Do you offer certificate programs?
At this time we do not offer any certification programs.
7. Will you ever host a class about ....?
If there is something you are interested in that we don’t currently offer, get in touch! We are always open to new ideas.
Registering for Classes
1. How do I register for a class?
You can register for classes right on this website from the home page. You can also register by phone (203) 938-0713.
2. What type of payment do you accept for these classes?
Credit card is the prefered method. Cash is also accept but payment must be made at time of registration or your seat is not confirmed.
3. How far in advance can I register? How far in advance do I need to register?
Our classes are usually posted anywhere from 2-4 weeks prior to the class. You can sign up for our email list HERE so you can be the first to know about new class registrations.
We recommend that you register early as classes tend to sell out.
4. Where can I find your schedule of classes?
You can find our most up to date class listing in our Upcoming Classes.
5. What if I cannot make it to the class I signed up for?
The easiest thing for you to do is to find a friend to take your spot! Class spots are fully transferable.
With enough notice (3 days/72 hours) we can offer you credit for the amount of the class to be applied to a future class. With less than 3 days notice, we cannot offer you any credit. Classes are non-refundable.
6. How will I find out if a class I signed up for was cancelled?
Occasionally, if a teacher gets sick or extreme bad weather or if we do not meet a minimum number of registered students within 48 hours of a class, we will reschedule or cancel the class. In these situations, we will contact you directly at the contact phone number you had provided and we offer a full refund.
7. I have a question that is not answered here. How can I contact you?
Please use our Contact Us page to send your question, or you can call us at (203) 938-0713.